AAPAM SPECIAL EVENTS
AAPAM organizes an annual Roundtable Conference and periodically, other conferences and workshops focused on current critical issues in African public administration and management to increase the knowledge and skills of senior level policy-makers across the continent.
AAPAM ANNUAL ROUNDTABLE CONFERENCE
The Roundtable conference brings together senior African government officials to:
- Enhance their knowledge of international best practices and awareness of global socio-economic successes, challenges and lessons learned
- Find common solutions to public sector problems
- Enhance the profile of the public service within governments and the public
- Develop public sector networks and public service delivery.
The AAPAM Roundtable has been held every year since 1978 in a different location. Approximately 400 participants attend the conference from various countries across Africa, including:
- Ministers; High-level public functionaries drawn from Executive, Legislative and Judicial Arms of Government
- Heads of national planning ministries/agencies/offices/commissions, Renowned academics and researchers
- Civic leaders (from NGOs and Civil Society organisations)
- Representatives from banks and financial institutions, industry
- Leaders from the private sector
- United Nations, the African Union, and other regional groupings.
AAPAM WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
AAPAM holds workshops and seminars aimed at increasing knowledge and skills of senior level policy-makers across the continent. The seminars and workshops focus on topical issues affecting the African Public Service.
The National Chapters also hold seminars and workshops ranging from 1-3 days involving public servants, university and college students, professionals, business people and local communities. They also hold day seminars, and observe the Africa Day of Administration and the Civil service every 23rd of June.