AAPAM has made tremendous strides towards attaining its goals and objectives; key areas of achievement include:
1. Publications and Literature on Public Administration and Management
Through consultancy and research, roundtable conferences, seminars and workshops, AAPAM has been able to collect a large amount of literature on diverse topical areas. This literature is available to member countries for research activities and utilization.
2. Promotion of Recognition of Innovation in Africa’s Public Sector.
AAPAM’s awards have become a focal point in the calendar of public administrators in Africa and have seen an increase in prestige and recognition since their inception.
3. Encouraging Cross-Generational Transfer of Knowledge and Skills in Africa Public Sector
Since the programme began in 2006, over 100 Young Professionals have been facilitated to attend high level public sector conferences and forums. The participation of the young professionals has also helped to provide a valuable forum for the professionals, who are the leaders of tomorrow, to interact with their Heads and Administrators of Public Service on a one on one level, an opportunity which is as valuable as it is rare.
4. Facilitating Formation of International and Continental Networks and Associations
- The African Management Development Institutes Network (AMDIN) – 2005
- The Association of African Public Services Commissions (AAPSC) – 2008
- The African Public Sector Human Resource Managers Network (APS-HRMnet) - 2009
5. Promoting African Development
AAPAM is among the few Trans-Africa organizations that promote the agenda of the African Union (AU) and NEPAD for Africa’s development. AAPAM brings together African experts and professionals to discuss Africa’s development challenges. It has contributed towards development of highly qualified African professionals in Public Administration and Management.